More reasons to love organic
There are so many reasons to love organic and we’re keen to hear yours.
Whether you support good animal welfare, are concerned about the environment or simply want your food to be more natural; by sharing your reason on Facebook, Twitter or your blog you’re helping to tell others all the wonderful benefits of organic.
Organic has lots of celebrity fans too! Check out their reasons on the right.
- Lucy Fennessy , 37 At Christmas we love all things organic - last year we grew our own turkeys and all the veg - this year due to a house move we will be having a friends homegrown goose and my own plum wine plus all the organic veg I can find x Merry Christmas x Flag this comment
- Patrick Neville , 20 Organic practices limit the risk of impacts that in non organic practices can result in harm to the organisms in that area. Organically produced food when grown properly has a better nutritional content making it my preference for health and for conservation of the environment. Flag this comment
- precious jason , 32 we like organic. i would love organic vegetables as they are free of nasty pesticides and taste better too. Flag this comment
- Dianne , 50 Enjoy indulging in lovely organic treats especially at Christmas, looking forward to an organic turkey as the highlight of our Christmas dinner. Flag this comment
- Leary Hasson The favorite organic food item I can't live without on my dinner table this Christmas has to be roast potatoes, blanched and then shaken up in a saucepan with olive oil, sea salt and some fresh rosemary and then roosted to perfection so the skins are thick and crispy and the centers soft and succulent. Whatever you decide to put on the table, meat or vegetarian, it would never be complete without those fabulous roast potatoes! They are also great eaten cold from the fridge dipped in cold gravy, left over from lunch, during the Christmas film or family board game. Flag this comment
- Beryl Davies , 66 I just love organic Welsh Black Beef, it has such a delicious flavour and we will be having it on Xmas Day. Yummy Flag this comment
- Laura , 30 Brussel Sprouts! My favourite part of Christmas!! (Well maybe after the chocolate?!) Flag this comment
- Carol , 30 All of it as it is my daughters first Christmas so Organic all the way! Flag this comment
- michelle jackson , 47 i love organic food all year round but at christmas it has to be organic turkey and veg for me love it! Flag this comment
- Sharon , 32 I love organic food because it is free from pesticides and more nutritious! I've also noticed that it tastes so much better! It tastes as food should. Organic apples are my no1 must have. I hate the greasy skin of non organic apples from all the stuff that's sprayed on them :-( Flag this comment
Latest reasons to love organic:
- becky, its worth paying for!
- alexander, sustainability
- jenny, lack of chemicals and health reasons!
- Lauren Manning, Because it's better for you.
- ellie ashcroft, knowing where your food has come from!
- Cassy, Way forward for our planet
- chris gardner, its pure and simple!
- Jeremy Food, my wife insists on buying local and organic. also, we have an allotment.
- robyn james, less chemicals in my food!
- rebecca freeman, more natural