More reasons to love organic
There are so many reasons to love organic and we’re keen to hear yours.
Whether you support good animal welfare, are concerned about the environment or simply want your food to be more natural; by sharing your reason on Facebook, Twitter or your blog you’re helping to tell others all the wonderful benefits of organic.
Organic has lots of celebrity fans too! Check out their reasons on the right.
- Jessica I'm torn! Choice 1: potatoes, because you can't compete with the flavour when they're organic and they are a Christmas staple. Choice 2: Jerusalem Artichokes because they pack a real punch (in oh so many ways!) but never fail to impress as a pre-dinner nibble if you make them into pakhoras. Flag this comment
- Wendy Carlyle , 55 JC always brings me one of your tiny organic Christmas puddings because no one else in our family likes Christmas pud, and it isn't Christmas for me without one. It also tastes so much richer and fruitier than the supermarket cardboard ones! Flag this comment
- lottie the organic nut roast that I make myself from all organic ingredients. and sprouts even though im not really a fan, you've got to have sprouts. ;-) Flag this comment
- Paula , 44 I can't do without Organic Brussel sprouts. Love em Flag this comment
- Rebecca Sandover , 40 My home-made christmas pud with organic carrots,raisins and allotment grated carrots with Somerset Cider-Brandy is full or sumptuous flavour -even my Mum agrees! Definitely a christmas staple. Flag this comment
- Yossarian Robins I can't live without mine pies & organic clotted cream at Christmas time! For me Christmas is the smell of warm mine pie with the sound of laughter & the clinking of glasses in celebration of sharing a wonderful meal with your loved ones! xxx Flag this comment
- Sarah Lovell , 52 It's traditional for us to have smoked salmon and scrambled eggs to start Christmas lunch. We run a Chicken Holiday Home and so eggs are no problem (we're full over Christmas). So ... bring on the organic smoked salmon! Flag this comment
- Anne Carey Organic eggs every time. The rich, creamy golden-yellow yolk just cannot compete with even un-organic free range eggs. These must be like the eggs our grandparents ate! Flag this comment
- Tanya MacRae , 43 We are passionate about all things organic, so all our food is carefully sourced and homemade - not only because our eldest little girl is totally allergic to all dairy products, but because as it tastes so delicious and is so much better for our family and the environment! Christmas will be a real treat with rare breed roast beef and yorkshire puddings, plus baked sweet potatoes & carrots, roast parsnips and red potatoes followed by christmas pudding with homemade mince & apple pies - all organic of course! :o) Flag this comment
- Michelle O , 46 I Love organic because it's 100% real. Flag this comment
Latest reasons to love organic:
- becky, its worth paying for!
- alexander, sustainability
- jenny, lack of chemicals and health reasons!
- Lauren Manning, Because it's better for you.
- ellie ashcroft, knowing where your food has come from!
- Cassy, Way forward for our planet
- chris gardner, its pure and simple!
- Jeremy Food, my wife insists on buying local and organic. also, we have an allotment.
- robyn james, less chemicals in my food!
- rebecca freeman, more natural