More reasons to love organic
There are so many reasons to love organic and we’re keen to hear yours.
Whether you support good animal welfare, are concerned about the environment or simply want your food to be more natural; by sharing your reason on Facebook, Twitter or your blog you’re helping to tell others all the wonderful benefits of organic.
Organic has lots of celebrity fans too! Check out their reasons on the right.
- tRISHA BROWN , 48 MY oRGANIC BUTTER - AN ESSENTIAL FOR CHRISTMAS - i USE IT IN MY MINCE PIES, MY PUDDING, CAKE, COOKIES, MY STUFFING , RUB IT INTO MY TURKEYS BREAST BEFORE COOKING IT, ON MY ROAST SPUDS AT CHRISTMAS DINNER AND ON SANDWHICHES FOR BOXING DAY - COULD NOT BE WITHOUT IT! Flag this comment
- jenny , 38 Brussels, and carrots! Flag this comment
- Eloise Gateley , 30 Organic Turkey - knowing that it has been reared in a more caring environment Flag this comment
- Hayley Jones , 34 Lots of lovely organic veg - I know it will be fresh and delicious and that my children are getting the best possible nutrition. Merry Christmas! Flag this comment
- Sian Creagh-Osborne , 26 It's got to be Organic Brussels Sprouts...love them or hate them...they're a Christmas dinner essential. The challenge...should you choose to accept it..is to do those farmers and their back breaking harvesting justice with a sprouts dish that the whole family likes! - I'll give u a hint...ginger!! Flag this comment
- Karen Pomerance , 49 Rachels Organic Greek Yoghurt with honey - a compulsory accompaniment to my home made mince pies... Flag this comment
- Alison Owen , 38 I try and ensure the majority if not all of the Christmas dinner is organic (including some defrosted home-grown veg if we have any left) but I particularly want a British free-range organic turkey that has had a good diet, a good amount of life, and costs the real money that meat should cost to promote sustainable and organic British farming... the bonus being that it tastes so much better too. Yum! Flag this comment
- Tara Maysey , 30 Brussel Sprouts with roasted chestnuts and bacon lardons all organic of course, yum, yum! Why? They complement all the other Christmas dinner ingredients turkey, stuffing, bread sauce etc the saltiness of the bacon and the creamy soft texture of the chestnuts would turn anyone who says they don't like Brussel Sprouts! Flag this comment
- Tara Maysey , 30 Brussel Sprouts with roasted chestnuts and bacon lardons all organic of course, yum, yum! Flag this comment
- Kath Having 4 grown up boys spread around the Country coming home for Christmas...I KNOW they will be eating better and healthier than they have for weeks. I want my meat from Local Butcher,my veggies from Farmers market and I picked my softfruit during the summer and froze in readiness. Sorted! Flag this comment
Latest reasons to love organic:
- becky, its worth paying for!
- alexander, sustainability
- jenny, lack of chemicals and health reasons!
- Lauren Manning, Because it's better for you.
- ellie ashcroft, knowing where your food has come from!
- Cassy, Way forward for our planet
- chris gardner, its pure and simple!
- Jeremy Food, my wife insists on buying local and organic. also, we have an allotment.
- robyn james, less chemicals in my food!
- rebecca freeman, more natural