Organic Lamb with blood oranges
Monica Galetti's Organic Lamb with blood oranges
- Boil the water with the orange zest, add the couscous, cover with cling film and set aside.
- Heat an ovenproof casserole dish, and d fizzle with a little oil
- Season the lamb well with salt and pepper and colour on all sides, add the onion and carrots and celery and colour, add the cumin and toast together for 1 minute
- Add the Madeira and orange juice and reduce by half
- Add the tomatoes, herbs and them the stock, bring to the boil and place in the oven pre-heated to 190 degrees Celsius (fan oven) and cook 45-50 minutes or until tender
- Let stand 10minutes before serving
- Flake the cous cous with a fork and serve together
8x Organic lamb steaks (100g each)
1 Onion (peeled and cut into large chunks)
2 Carrots (peeled and cut into large chunks)
2 Bay leaves
1 sprig of rosemary
200ml Organic Blood orange juice
200ml Lamb or Chicken Stock
6 tomatoes roughly chopped
3 pinches of Cumin
1/2 tsp finely grated Blood orange zest
Salt and Pepper
Latest reasons to love organic:
- becky, its worth paying for!
- alexander, sustainability
- jenny, lack of chemicals and health reasons!
- Lauren Manning, Because it's better for you.
- ellie ashcroft, knowing where your food has come from!
- Cassy, Way forward for our planet
- chris gardner, its pure and simple!
- Jeremy Food, my wife insists on buying local and organic. also, we have an allotment.
- robyn james, less chemicals in my food!
- rebecca freeman, more natural