Tarragon baked chicken and carrots
Per serving: 341 calories, 20.1g fat, 8.5g saturates, 6.1g sugars, 0.85g salt
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/Fan 170ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 5. Scrub the carrots clean and trim away the tops, place them in a large roasting tin. Add the oil, garlic, the lemon juice, a third of the tarragon and plenty of salt and ground black pepper, then toss well to mix.
- Mix the butter with the lemon zest, remaining tarragon and plenty of ground black pepper. Divide the butter into four, then use your fingers to push each quarter under the chicken skin. Lay the chicken breasts skin side up on top of the carrots. Bake for 25-30mins, until the carrots are lightly charred and the chicken golden and tender. Serve with green vegetables and new potatoes.
1 (400g) bunch of organic new season carrots with tops
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 clove organic garlic, chopped
Zest and juice of 1 organic lemon
1 (20g) pack fresh tarragon, trimmed and chopped
50g organic butter, softened
4 skin-on organic chicken breast fillets
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Latest reasons to love organic:
- becky, its worth paying for!
- alexander, sustainability
- jenny, lack of chemicals and health reasons!
- Lauren Manning, Because it's better for you.
- ellie ashcroft, knowing where your food has come from!
- Cassy, Way forward for our planet
- chris gardner, its pure and simple!
- Jeremy Food, my wife insists on buying local and organic. also, we have an allotment.
- robyn james, less chemicals in my food!
- rebecca freeman, more natural