Terms and Conditions
Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this website are directed solely at users who access this website from the United Kingdom and who have specifically accepted these Terms and requested the information contained in this website for informational purposes. Organic UK makes no representation that any information contained on this website is relevant or appropriate in any other territories. Organic UK makes no representation that any product referred to on this website is available in any territory outside the United Kingdom and accepts no responsibility for any reliance placed upon this information.
This website is provided as a convenient informational resource for consumers on the benefits of organic, recipe information and news and events that may be of interest.
4.1 Organic UK Content
All material including text, images, graphics, audio/visual or other materials on this website created by Organic UK (collectively "Organic UK Content") remains the property of Organic UK or its affiliate companies, and is subject to copyright. All trademarks, names, logos and other intellectual property in the Organic UK Content is also owned by Organic UK or its affiliate companies. You may browse this site for informational and educational purposes. Any modification, transmission, hiring, copying (other than for non-commercial personal use) reusing or otherwise using the content of this website for public or commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
4.2 User Generated Content
4.2.1 Organic UK does not claim any proprietary rights in any text, images, graphics, audio/visual or other materials on this website created by you (collectively "User Generated Content") which is submitted, displayed or posted on any section of the website. You shall retain ownership of the User Generated Content subject to you waiving any moral rights which may exist in the User Generated Content and granting Organic UK a royalty-free, non-exclusive licence (the "Licence") to upload, store, use, modify, display, copy and distribute such User Generated Content solely in connection with the operation of this website and promotion of the Organic UK campaign in any media, either now in existence or which may be created in future, within the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. The Licence shall end either when you request your information to be removed or your access to this website is terminated pursuant to Clause 10 below (whichever is earlier) subject to You acknowledging that whilst Organic UK will make reasonable efforts to remove the User Generated Content from this website, it may not be possible to do due to technical reasons.
4.2.2 In respect of any User Generated Content submitted, displayed or posted on or transmitted from this website you represent and warrant that:
- you are the creator or authorised user of any such User Generated Content; and
- you are solely responsible for the User Generated Content that you submit, upload, post, display, or transmit on or from this website; and
- the submission, display, posting or transmission of the User Generated Content does not breach any applicable laws within the United Kingdom or elsewhere including but not limited to data protection and privacy laws, intellectual property rights, any relevant laws governing the uploading, storage, use and transmission of such User Generated Content in electronic or any other media; and
- in respect of any User Generated Content containing an image in which any child under the age of 18 appears, you are either the parent or legal guardian of the child or have obtained the prior written consent of the child's parent or legal guardian to submit, upload, post, display or transmit that image on or from this website.
4.2.3 Monitoring Content
Organic UK will post moderate all User Generated Content, including comments, reasons, images, photography, recipes and news, and any inappropriate content will be removed. Organic UK accepts no responsibility for any error, omission, inaccuracy, falsehood, libel, slander, profanity, pornographic text or images contained in, uploaded onto or communicated via this website.
4.2.4 Objectionable Content
- If you become aware of any content contained in, uploaded onto or communicated via this website that does not comply with the Terms set out in Clause 4.2.3 or violates any other Terms or is in your opinion offensive, please click on the appropriate flags on the website and provide us with full details of the inappropriate content. If on review of your complaint, Organic UK agrees that the content is inappropriate it will be removed from the website.
- Organic UK may refuse to upload, store, post, display, provide access to or transmit any User Generated Content which it in its sole discretion deems inappropriate, objectionable, offensive, illegal or which in any way harms or may harm the reputation of Organic UK or the personal safety of any person (regardless of their age). Organic UK assumes no responsibility for checking any content which may later be found to be inappropriate, objectionable, offensive, or illegal.
4.3 Prohibited Content
The following is a list of content which is prohibited from being uploaded, stored, posted, displayed, accessed or transmitted on, in or from this website:
- any Inappropriate, objectionable, offensive, obscene or illegal User Generated Content;
- any User Generated Content containing any pornographic materials, materials of a sexually suggestive manner or which exploit any person sexually or which contain a link to any adult website;
- any User Generated Content which solicits or posts personal information in contravention of any data protection and privacy laws;
- any User Generated Content which contains any audio-visual materials featuring photos or images of another person which you have posted without obtaining that person's consent (or if that person is not your child and is under 18 years of age, the consent or his/her parent or legal guardian) to upload onto this website
- any User Generated Content which contains information which the user uploads knowing the same to be false or misleading or advocates illegal activity including but not limited to materials or conduct which is abusive, threatening, defamatory or libellous;
- any User Generated Content which contains any unauthorised copy of a copyright work including but not limited to pirated audio-visual materials or which infringes any other third party intellectual property rights;
- any User Generated Content which involves the transmission of unsolicited emails, junk mail or spam;
5. Third Party Sites
This website may include links to third party sites. Organic UK is not responsible for the content of those third party sites and you are advised to review the terms and conditions for use of those sites and any privacy policies before using those third party websites or submitting any personal information to them. Use of those third party websites is at your own risk.
6. Limitations of Liability
6.1 Whilst Organic UK has worked diligently to provide accurate and complete information, it will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise directly or indirectly from the use of this website (or any inability to use it) or any of the information contained on this website if such loss or damage:
- is not reasonably foreseeable by you and Organic UK at the time you first access the website; or
- amounts to any business or commercial loss; or
- results from your use of the website other than in accordance with these Terms or the default of any party other than Organic UK; or
- results from events outside of Organic UK's reasonable control; or
- results from uploading of Prohibited Content; or
- results from User Generated Content.
6.2 Organic UK cannot guarantee that this website will be available to you at any time and accepts no responsibility to you if it is unavailable from time to time. This website and the information and material which it contains are subject to change without notice. Access to all or part of the website may be suspended without notice.
6.3 Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits Organic UK's liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or for fraud.
You agree to indemnify and hold Organic UK, its subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective owners, officers, managers, members, agents and employees harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand including reasonable attorneys' fees made by any third party due to or arising out of any use of this website in breach of the Terms or, in relation to any User Generated Content, any breach of your representations and/or warranties or any applicable laws in the United Kingdom or elsewhere
8. Data Transfer
You may choose to provide Organic UK with information about yourself in the course of using this website. By doing so, you expressly consent to Organic UK using this data. The information you provide will only be used by Organic UK and will not be sold to third parties. The information will not be used for any direct marketing or unsolicited communication unless you give us permission.
With the exception of any personal information subject to data protection laws, any communication or material which you transmit to Organic UK through this website or otherwise via the internet will be treated as non-confidential. Subject to Clause 4.2, any communications and other material which you send to Organic UK is and shall remain the property of Organic UK and may be used for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise without compensation.
If you breach any of the above Terms, Organic UK shall (at its sole discretion) be entitled to prevent you accessing all or any part of this website. Although we will try to notify of the reasons for taking any such action, we are under no obligation to do so.
Information on this website is only intended for use by residents of the UK.
The Organic Trade Board (OTB) is a not for profit organisation made up of over 80 organic companies who want to share the benefits of organic and change the perception of organic in the UK. Organic UK is their public facing campaign to democratise and promote organic.
The prize winner's names will be available on request no later than 10 days after the closing date. Send a SAE to Haygarth, Haygarth House, 28-31 High Street, Wimbledon Village, London, SW19 5BY
The Promoter is Sustain: the alliance for better food and farming, 94 White Lion Street, London, N1 9PF
Latest reasons to love organic:
- becky, its worth paying for!
- alexander, sustainability
- jenny, lack of chemicals and health reasons!
- Lauren Manning, Because it's better for you.
- ellie ashcroft, knowing where your food has come from!
- Cassy, Way forward for our planet
- chris gardner, its pure and simple!
- Jeremy Food, my wife insists on buying local and organic. also, we have an allotment.
- robyn james, less chemicals in my food!
- rebecca freeman, more natural